How to downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4

How to downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4

rsyslog-users mailing list
Hi Guys,

Mistakenly i have upgraded my rsyslog from 2.4 to 2.7. Now problem is that
my rsyslog is not sending logs to remote server. There is no error. How can
i downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4. Is there any link of deb packages of
rsyslog builds with previous versions. Compiling from source is a bit
difficult.

Regards
M. Asif

Re: How to downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4

rsyslog-users mailing list
This Dockerfile may help you building whatever rsyslog you need.

FROM ubuntu:16.04
ARG DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y curl dnsutils vim && apt-get
clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y software-properties-common &&
add-apt-repository -y ppa:adiscon/v8-stable && apt-get update && apt-get
install -y build-essential pkg-config libestr-dev libfastjson-dev
zlib1g-dev liblogging-stdlog-dev librelp-dev liblognorm-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev librdkafka-dev curl && apt-get clean && rm -rf
/var/lib/apt/lists/*
ARG version=8.27.0
RUN curl -sO
http://www.rsyslog.com/files/download/rsyslog/rsyslog-${version}.tar.gz
&& tar -xzf rsys*.tar.gz && rm rsys*.tar.gz && mv rsyslog*/ /rsyslog
WORKDIR /rsyslog
RUN ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-impstats
--enable-omkafka --enable-relp --enable-imfile --enable-mmjsonparse
--enable-mmnormalize --enable-elasticsearch --disable-klog
--disable-uuid --disable-libgcrypt && make && make install && rm -fr
/rsyslog
CMD ["/rsyslog.sh"]

On 06/07/17 13:53, Muhammad Asif via rsyslog wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Mistakenly i have upgraded my rsyslog from 2.4 to 2.7. Now problem is that
> my rsyslog is not sending logs to remote server. There is no error. How can
> i downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4. Is there any link of deb packages of
> rsyslog builds with previous versions. Compiling from source is a bit
> difficult.
>
> Regards
> M. Asif

Re: How to downgrade rsyslog from 2.7 to 2.4

rsyslog-users mailing list
Thanks. It was very helpful.