rsyslog 8.28.0 (v8-stable) released

Florian Riedl-3
Hi all,

We have released rsyslog 8.28.0.

This release features a lot of changes. Again, the most notable change
is a way more robust, yet still experimental, support for Kafka output
and input. In addition to this, there is a new build requirement for
librelp 1.2.14 du to API requirements in imrelp and many changes/fixes
for omfwd, imfile, mmdblookup, imtcp and many more.

Please note that Kafka Support requires the librdkafka library as
dependency, which itself has some new dependencies.

For a complete list of changes, fixes and enhancements, please visit
the ChangeLog.

The packages will follow when they are finished.

ChangeLog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
Florian Riedl

Re: rsyslog 8.28.0 (v8-stable) released

rsyslog-users mailing list
Just finished upgrading us to 8.27 *shakes fist* haha. Thanks for the
update Florian! Definitely interested in the kafka output changes.

Cheers,
Brian

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM Florian Riedl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have released rsyslog 8.28.0.
>
> This release features a lot of changes. Again, the most notable change
> is a way more robust, yet still experimental, support for Kafka output
> and input. In addition to this, there is a new build requirement for
> librelp 1.2.14 du to API requirements in imrelp and many changes/fixes
> for omfwd, imfile, mmdblookup, imtcp and many more.
>
> Please note that Kafka Support requires the librdkafka library as
> dependency, which itself has some new dependencies.
>
> For a complete list of changes, fixes and enhancements, please visit
> the ChangeLog.
>
> The packages will follow when they are finished.
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog
>
> Download:
>
> http://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/
>
> As always, feedback is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Florian Riedl
> DON'T LIKE THAT.

Re: rsyslog 8.28.0 (v8-stable) released

rsyslog-users mailing list

Re: rsyslog 8.28.0 (v8-stable) released

deoren
On 6/27/17 9:54 AM, Florian Riedl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have released rsyslog 8.28.0.

Any estimate re availability of the 8.28.0 version via the Ubuntu PPA?

https://launchpad.net/~adiscon/+archive/ubuntu/v8-stable

Thanks.